And Your Product Success
without Feeling Overwhelmed
98% of new product managers feel overwhelmed. They feel thrown into the deep water. They feel fear. I did. And that's not all. If you are one of the 98%, then you...
- Can't find time to work with customers
- Don't know how to respond to the conflicting requests you get nearly daily
- Are unsure how to define success for your product
- Wonder exactly what you should be doing each day
To move from the 98% who are overwhelmed to the 2% who are in charge, you need a system.
What do you need in a system?
Simple. Structured. Substantial.
- Simple. It has to be easy to remember and apply. You can carry it around in your head, not on an ipad.
- Structured. It has to empower you to take action on the daily challenges you face, allowing you to quickly organize, prioritize, and defend your actions.
- Substantial. It has to support the full breadth of product management, from idea to product retirement and everything else.
Wouldn't it be great if you had such a system? Well, now you can.
It's simple, with only 4 elements to remember. It's structured to organize all your work. And, it's substantial to cover everything you need to do from soup to nuts.
Welcome to the IDEA Framework
Your key to doubling your success without being overwhelmed.
Substantial. From initial idea to the final day the product is sold, the framework has you covered, eliminating your overwhelm and doubling your success.
We've equipped product managers with the IDEA Framework at the following great companies along with many more.
The roadmap to Product Mastery begins with the IDEA Framework.
This is where average product managers stop being overwhelmed and learn to double their success.
So much of product management training is just a list of activities or building blocks without clear organization. That’s why most new product managers feel overwhelmed, stuck, and unaware of the holes in their knowledge. They don't have a framework for making sense of all the pieces that form the role of product manager.
But the IDEA Framework cuts through the noise, organizing your work into 4 step-by-step areas of competencies.
Without organization, anyone feels overwhelmed - there are always too many things to do at the same time. This is why so many product managers don't always know what to focus on.
But, with organization, you get clarity on what to do when. As long as it is simple, structured, and substantial.
There's another reason the 4 areas of competency are so important. As you gain experience and apply the IDEA Framework, your influence and leadership increase because you understand all of the aspects of product management. I have yet to meet a product manager that doesn't recognize the value of increasing their influence.
Every product manager that wants to build their base towards mastery, increasing their influence at the same time, will find the insights they need in the 4-pillar IDEA Framework.
How the IDEA Framework
came to exist.
I started training product managers in 2007. I had a couple of decades of product experience, a PhD in "Innovation" and a professional certification from the Product Development and Management Association known as the New Product Development Professional (NPDP).
After helping many product managers also prepare to pass the NPDP exam, I started training groups of product managers and product professionals in companies.
Some companies wanted to create a foundation for their product managers, establishing a set of best practices and concepts. Others added to this, equipping them to make the company more successful. This meant having clear connections between business concepts, business strategy, and innovation strategy. It also meant gaining deep insights into all aspects of product management, from where ideas come from (the often-called fuzzy front end), through product development, to product launch and beyond.
This became a week-long interactive seminar experience for companies. I often characterize it as discovering
...what you should have learned in college about product management but didn't.
After all, there are not product management college programs - yet!
To train their product managers, companies pay over $30,000 for this experience. Does that sound like a lot? It really is a bargain - in fact, it's an extraordinarily good deal for them because they quickly benefit from increased profits produced by their product work. Doubling their product success rate produces a huge ROI.
$30,000+ of Training
But, I want to help a whole lot more product managers than I can just by providing week-long seminars to companies.
That's where the IDEA Framework course comes in. I created it to be an online version of concepts I've been sharing with companies. With it, I can get these concepts into the hands of many more product managers.
But, this is not for all product managers. It is for product managers...
- that don't want to be average,
- who desire to see their careers develop more quickly, and
- who are willing to take action to not be overwhelmed anymore.
Are you such a person -- action-oriented, career-growth minded, and bored by being average? Then, the IDEA Framework course is right for you. You'll discover the career-advancing techniques and strategies that have helped so many others succeed and will help you succeed too.
What You Get
- Online course organized in 6 modules: Overview, Ideate, Develop, Evolve, Accelerate, and Wrap-up
- Content is self-paced, but designed to comfortably be completed in 12 weeks, or much less for those who wish
- 12+ hours of video lessons
- Numerous resources to support each topic in each module
- Several hours of audio interviews with experts
- Many hours of video interviews with experts
- Unlimited access to discussion group
1 hour of video lessons + additional resources
- Unit 1 Welcome to the IDEA Framework
- Unit 2 Learning Calendar
- Unit 3 Suggested Reading
- Unit 4 References Used in the Course
- Unit 5 Product Mastery Roadmap
- Unit 6 Welcome Video
- Unit 7 Discussion - Introduction
- Unit 8 Essential Scaffolding - Part 1
- Unit 9 Essential Scaffolding - Part 2
- Unit 10 Product Management is Innovation
- Unit 11 Discussion - Innovation Barriers
3 hours of video lessons + numerous additional resources + guest experts
- Unit 1 Welcome to Ideate
- Unit 2 Ideate Overview
- Unit 3 Strategy & Culture - Part 1
- Unit 4 Strategy & Culture - Part 2
- Unit 5 Strategy & Culture - Part 3
- Unit 6 Discussion - Strategy & Culture
- Unit 7 Strategy & Culture Interviews
- Unit 8 Strategy & Culture Resources
- Unit 9 Activity - Strategy & Culture
- Unit 10 Ideation Frameworks - Part 1
- Unit 11 Idea Management System Resources
- Unit 12 Discussion - Innovation Approach
- Unit 13 Ideation Frameworks - Part 2
- Unit 14 Blue Ocean and Value Innovation Resources
- Unit 15 Ideation Frameworks - Part 3
- Unit 16 IDEO Deep Dive and Design Thinking Resources
- Unit 17 Discussion - IDEO/Design Thinking
- Unit 18 Ideation Tools
- Unit 19 Ideation Tools Resources
- Unit 20 Discussion - Ideation Tools
- Unit 21 Minimal Viable Business Case
- Unit 22 Minimal Viable Business Case Resources
- Unit 23 Discussion - Business Case
- Unit 24 Moving from Ideate to Develop
- Unit 25 Additional Ideate Resources
2.5 hours of video lessons + numerous additional resources + guest experts
- Unit 1 Welcome to Develop
- Unit 2 Develop Overview Part A - Purpose and Stage-Gate
- Unit 3 Develop Overview Part B - Activities
- Unit 4 What Customers Want Part A - Core Concepts
- Unit 5 What Customers Want Part B - Inputs & Who
- Unit 6 What Customers Want Part C - Concept Test
- Unit 7 What Customers Want Part D - Documents
- Unit 8 What Customers Want Part E - Gate
- Unit 9 What Customers Want Part F - VOC
- Unit 10 What Customers Want Resources
- Unit 11 Discussion - What Customers Want
- Unit 12 Planning for Success Part A
- Unit 13 Planning for Success Part B
- Unit 14 Planning for Success Part C
- Unit 15 Planning for Success Resources
- Unit 16 Discussion - Planning for Success
- Unit 17 Executing for Excellence Part A
- Unit 18 Executing for Excellence Part B
- Unit 19 Executing for Excellence Part C
- Unit 20 Executing for Excellence Part D
- Unit 21 Executing for Excellence Resources
- Unit 22 Discussion - Executing for Excellence
- Unit 23 Test Before Launching Part A
- Unit 24 Test Before Launching Part B
- Unit 25 Test Before Launching Part C
- Unit 26 Test Before Launching Part D
- Unit 27 Test Before Launching Resources
- Unit 28 Discussion - Test Before Launching
- Unit 29 Take it Full Circle Part A
- Unit 30 Activity - Take it Full Circle
- Unit 31 Take it Full Circle Part B
- Unit 32 Take it Full Circle Resources
- Unit 33 Discussion - Take it Full Circle
- Unit 34 Additional Develop Resources
2.5 hours of video lessons + numerous additional resources + guest experts
- Unit 1 Welcome to Evolve
- Unit 2 Evolve Overview Part A
- Unit 3 Evolve Overview Part B
- Unit 4 Prepare for Launch Part A
- Unit 5 Prepare for Launch Part B
- Unit 6 Activity - Product Life Cycle Model
- Unit 7 Discussion - Life Cycle
- Unit 8 Prepare for Launch Part C
- Unit 9 Prepare for Launch Part D
- Unit 10 Exercise - Market Models
- Unit 11 Prepare for Launch Part E
- Unit 12 Why Products Fail
- Unit 13 Launch Resources
- Unit 14 Discussion - Prepare for Launch & Launch
- Unit 15 Grow Fast Part A
- Unit 16 Grow Fast Part B
- Unit 17 Discussion - Growing Fast
- Unit 18 Mature for the Duration Part A
- Unit 19 Mature for the Duration Part B
- Unit 20 Discussion - Maturity
- Unit 21 Navigate the Decline Part A
- Unit 22 Navigate the Decline Part B
- Unit 23 Discussion - Navigating the Decline
- Unit 24 Manage Retirement Part A
- Unit 25 Manage Retirement Part B
- Unit 26 Discussion - Retiring
- Unit 27 Additional Evolve Resources
2.5 hours of video lessons + numerous additional resources + guest experts
- Unit 1 Welcome to Accelerate
- Unit 2 Accelerate Overview
- Unit 3 Portfolio Management Part A
- Unit 4 Portfolio Management Part B
- Unit 5 Discussion - Portfolio Management
- Unit 6 Team Management Part A
- Unit 7 Team Management Part B
- Unit 8 Discussion - Team Management
- Unit 9 Project Management Part A
- Unit 10 Project Management Part B
- Unit 11 Project Management Part C
- Unit 12 Discussion - Project Management
- Unit 13 Lean Thinking Part A
- Unit 14 Design Thinking Resources
- Unit 15 Lean Thinking Part B
- Unit 16 Lean Thinking Part C - Business Model
- Unit 17 Lean Thinking Part D - Rollout
- Unit 18 Lean Thinking Part E - 10X Rollout
- Unit 19 Lean Thinking Part F - Problem/Solution
- Unit 20 Lean Thinking Part G - Offers
- Unit 21 Lean Thinking Part H - Interviews
- Unit 22 Discussion - Lean Thinking
- Unit 23 Lean Startup Resources
- Unit 24 Meaningful Metrics
- Unit 25 Meaningful Metrics Resources
- Unit 26 Additional Accelerate Resources
- Unit 27 Discussion - Accelerate
One fourth hour video lessons + resources
- Unit 1 Wrap-up
- Unit 2 Discussion - Keep Innovating!
- Unit 3 Congratulations
*As the content is continually being enhanced, the course content may vary slightly from this outline.
Product Managers LOVE this Training
The course helped me structure my knowledge within an intuitive framework...
"During my engineering studies and work, I obtained a quite substantial understanding of innovation theories and project management. However, it was only recently that I found Product Management as a discipline, which made me realize that I had unknowingly been doing product management work all along. The IDEA Framework course helped me structure my knowledge within an intuitive framework, which helped me spot gaps in my understanding and introduced me to new topics of Product Management, such as product life cycle management. It also served as reference material for discussions of practice with other Product Managers both within and outside my organization. I would, and have recommended the course to several colleagues and peers. Chad has a unique ability to teach complex topics of product development, culture, innovation theory and people management in an easy-to-digest, yet intriguing manner. Keep up your good work. I truly appreciate it."
I absolutely recommend this training...
"Hands down, this course has doubled my experience level.From a learning stand point, frameworks make future learning more efficient, thus, this foundational course will help to expedite future learning. Think exponential ROI. From a value standpoint, this is equivalent to an intro grad level class at a good price point. I’ve seen other courses that have charged much more for less content."
My influence in my organization is growing...
"Although I have experienced other product training courses, I needed one that will provide me with a success framework to apply to my products. I realized without this it would limit my career growth. I enrolled in the IDEA Framework course because I need to increase the success rate of the products I manage. It's paying off for me well. I feel more confident as a product manager, I'm prepared to create more successful products, and my influence in my organization is growing."
I recommend it to other product managers interested in further developing their skills...
"I have years of experience in software design, product management and customer research, but I knew there was more to learn to grow my career as a product leader. The IDEA Framework course was the choice I found most interesting as it provided a broad perspective of product management and practical approaches that I could immediately apply, from business foundation to product concept and ideation through to launch and beyond. I appreciated the modular self-paced learning approach, the wealth of original and 3rd party resources provided throughout the course and I recommend it to other product managers interested in further developing their skills."
I used the IDEA Framework to update the processes my organization uses...
"I have a mix of sales and engineering experiences, which led to my product management role I've had for the last 7 years. The company I work for has been transitioning to become more customer focused. I saw the IDEA Framework course and signed-up to help me understand product management more holistically. I have not had formal training specifically focused on product management until now. I used the IDEA Framework to update the processes my organization uses and help our product management team deliver faster results. It has helped me and my team to bring about a structure in our working and delivering results faster. This is training new and experienced product managers will appreciate they have."
The IDEA course should be expected training for product managers...
"I've had several roles in various aspects of product management, primarily in telecommunications and IT settings. When I learned about the IDEA framework I was very impressed by the concept. It organized product management practices and processes into an easily managed system -- Ideation, Develop, Evolve, and Accelerate. I enrolled in the course to learn the details and apply the knowledge to my work. Given my business background, one of the things I most appreciated was the material that connected product management strategies to the organization's strategy. The IDEA course should be expected training for product managers."
What to Expect
- Now: As soon as your sign-up you'll have access to the IDEA Framework online lessons. You can begin improving your career immediately. You'll also have access to the discussion group for networking and collaborating.
- Materials: The course consists of videos, presentations, downloadable materials, interviews, and additional resources.
- On Your Schedule: There is no schedule you must keep or commitments on your time. You can do the entire course as your time permits and at your pace. You'll have access to the course for the entire duration of the subscription you purchased.
- 6 modules - Overview, Ideate, Develop, Evolve, Accelerate, Wrapup.
- Exclusive step-by-step training videos for the 4 pillars of the IDEA Framework.
- Direct access to the networking and collaborating discussion group.
- Growing library of knowledge and resources for each area of competency.
- Answers to your questions from Chad and other course participants.
- Lifetime access to all course content, discussion group, and other resources.
Listeners to The Everyday Innovator podcast get a 20% discount. Use coupon code EverydayInnovator at checkout.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by a 30-day 100% Money Back Guarantee. We want happy customers. If the course does not meet your expectations, simply tell me within 30 days of purchasing the course and I'll refund 100% of your investment in your career - no problem, no hassle.
The IDEA Framework is Not for Everyone
This Course builds your base towards product mastery. It is only for product managers serious about improving their careers who want to move from being a product manager to becoming a product master.
It is for product managers that want ...
- More influence in their organization to create even more valuable products that customers love.
- To be challenged to actually learn the concepts needed to build the base for product mastery.
- To accelerate career growth and improve influence as a product manager.
- To make the most of previous experience. Most people who join the IDEA Framework course have at least 1 year of product management experience and several have 10+ years of experience.
If you have at least 1 year of experience as a product manager, are ambitious about your career, want to create products customers love, and are ready to move beyond average,
This is For You.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
30-day 100% Money Back Guarantee. No problem, no hassle.
Your content here...