Certified Innovation Leader (CIL) eCourse
A Few People In Every Company are Responsible for Creating Products that Delight Customers.
Learn on your schedule independently with course modules that are released every few days. In less than six weeks, your can prepare for the Certified Innovation Leader professional exam, administered by the internationally recognized Association of International Product Marketers and Managers. The eCourse includes reading lists, narrated modules, collaboration forum, and other learning tools. You will have access to all eCourse materials for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Special price for DCC Students – $745
The Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM), one of the largest and oldest professional groups for product developers and managers, promotes worldwide excellence in product management. Learn more about AIPMM at http://www.aipmm.com/
AIPMM’s newest professional certification is the Certified Innovation Leader (CIL). If you are an ambitious person wanting a significant involvement in innovation, transforming ideas into successful new products or improvements to existing products for an organization, earning the CIL credential will help you discover the knowledge you need.
The Certification Preparation eCourse
Study online, at your pace, from your computer in an eCourse provided by a DCC exclusive partner. Review reading materials, watch narrated presentations, take practice quizzes, and participate in concept reviews. You will have access to the eCourse materials for an entire year but can complete the eCourse in as little as 40 days. Work at the pace that makes sense for your schedule. If you have questions, collaborate with other students and ask an expert CIL teacher for guidance. After you complete the eCourse and have taken and passed the practice quizzes, you are ready to take the CIL exam and earn your certification from AIPMM. The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions and is taken from any internet-connected computer equipped with a webcam.
- Stop blindly adopting innovation fads by discovering the questions you must ask for market-winning product development
- Apply the best practices from seven of the most common commercial innovation frameworks and recognize which approach(es) are best for your organization
- Develop a sustainable approach to gain and maintain a competitive advantage in your field
- Create and enhance your organization’s innovation culture by getting everyone moving in the same direction towards successful product development and launch
- Clear roadblocks by aligning your company’s goals with innovation objectives
- Recognize how the right amount of structure and best practices frees employees to be innovative
- Ideation methods for all types of organizations
- Voice of the customer approaches for any need
- Rapid and inexpensive concept test approaches to know if your ideas are viable
- Metrics and decision aids to qualify innovation investments
- Numerous templates you can tailor
1 year access to the CIL eCourse for DCC students (includes discount): $745
Certification exam: $395. The fee allows you to take the certification exam a second time if you do not pass the first time. It also includes a one-year membership to AIPMM.
Breakdown of Topics
The innovation knowledge you need to develop products that delight customers is divided into two categories: (1) those processes and activities associated with the Managed Front End that transforms needs and ideas into business cases for potentially viable product concepts and (2) the New Product Development process that uses a framework of execution stages and decision gates to transform concepts into products launched to their target market.
Managed Front End
1.Strategy, Innovation, and Competitive Advantage
- Align the organization for increased innovation effectiveness
- Create a culture that supports innovation
- Review several tools for organizational change related to innovation
2. Ideation Management
- Explore seven innovation frameworks
- Apply ideation methods and Voice of the Customer tools
- Screen ideas for potential business case development
3. Business Case Development
- Evaluate financial feasibility of the project
- Assess marketability of the product concept
- Provide a reasoned justification for moving into the new product development process
New Product Development Process
4. Knowledge Creation
- Transition from the managed front end into the new product development process
- Identify the customer problem to be solved
- Develop the voice of the customer data and understand elements that create value
- Conduct preparations for gate meeting and gate decision
5. Project Planning
- Develop the project plan for executing the product concept
- Define the work that will drive the product design
- Conduct risk management planning
- Plan now to increase success later
6. Innovation Development
- Apply customer insights and value needs to design
- Conduct Alpha testing and iterate design as necessary
- Develop portfolio management plan
7. Innovation Qualification
- Explore the pros and cons of Beta testing
- Plan and conduct the Beta test
- Respond to Beta test results and prepare for launch
8. Innovation Launch
- Create roll out strategy and implement it
- Follow the launch, sell, evaluate, take action cycle
- Plan for next generation activities – beat the fast followers
Want to Know Even More?
Explore more information about who AIPMM is, the benefits to earning the CIL credential, quotes from past training participants, and more here.
Still Not Sure if CIL is Right for You?
Contact Dr. Chad McAllister, the DCC exclusive training partner for the CIL eCourse, at chad@ProductMasteryNow.com.